Subtle changes in your hearing can be hard to recognize because of how slowly hearing loss usually advances. Although children are regularly tested, most adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing test like they would their vision. So why would your hearing be any less critical than your vision?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing tested on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Day-to-day situations can reveal potential hearing problems. Do you regularly need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a difficult time hearing in noisy settings? Are you constantly turning up the volume on your TV? If you answered “yes” to the majority of these questions, it’s time for a hearing examination.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing exam every decade and every 3 years after that, according to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is a good reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will provide a frame of reference for further comparison to monitor changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, like earwax buildup, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be identified early on by regular hearing tests, avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be revealed by hearing loss. Addressing these conditions could improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have extensive consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and overall quality of life, letting you fully participate in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing examination with us today to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.